Here, at JR Global International School, we take the approach that each child is unique with special talents and abilities and an individual learning style.
The EYFS sets high standards for inclusive learning and development of children in Pre – School years. The cognitive development of the child is highest during these formation years and the curriculum has been effectively designed to make sure children get to the next stage of learning with confidence.
Our prep classes offer a safe and caring learning environment which promotes age appropriate and all – round development. More importantly, students are prepared with the right attitude to learning that will ensure success in mastering the world – class content.
The Social - Emotional Learning Curriculum (SELC)Social and Emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsive decisions.
- Morning Assembly- The day begins with the morning assembly. It helps one build inner strength and value the warmth of the human heart. The assembly is conducted by different houses turn by turn. Reading the newspaper, self written articles, G.K Quizzes & through for the day give variety to it.
- Life skills Education Modules: The emotional safety and well being. The life skills sessions are developed by trained and experienced professionals from the field of education and psychology to provide a platform for discussion with students of all levels from Pre-School to class 12.
- Global Responsiveness and Sensitivity Program (GRASP): Relationships form the core of all human values, and the programme helps students learn their relationship with themselves, with people around them, and with all elements of their environment. In GRASP sessions, educators provide students opportunities to learn about their environment, the impact of human behavior, the advantages of diversity, and priorities set in the world agenda. Secondary section students have an opportunity to serve on the Student Council, and involve themselves in the planning and implementation of the Student PEACE Code towards building a positive school environment. Senior students are provided important life experiences during camp, where they engage in adventure and inter - personal bonding activities under the professional supervision of experienced trainers. Placed in semi rustic conditions and surrounded by nature, students work in teams, explore their inter-personal strengths and challenges, build resilience, learn to care for the environment, and share resources.
- Annual Fests:With the school’s 100% participation policy, every student from Kindergarten to class 10, participates in events that display their particular talents and aptitudes. Students present these skills to their parents in a grand function that is celebratory and euphoric, filling everyone with a deep sense of pride for the school and its students.
Performing Arts:_______________for the Kindergarten and ____________ for the Primary and Secondary – students display their talents on the annual cultural day, a fine blend of skills and aesthetics learned through their art, craft, dance, drama and music courses.
Sports and Games:______________ in Kindergarten and _____________ for Primary and Secondary – the Annual Sports Meet is the culmination of fine and gross motor skills learning, set in age appropriate activities, displays and competitive sports. Senior students can opt to be in the school’s sports teams for basketball, throw-ball, handball, football and kho kho, & play at inter-school matches and sports meets. Indoor games such as chess, carrom, table-tennis and badminton are also encouraged in school.
School Exhibition:The school annual exhibition______________ has students’ present to parents their skills with academic projects related to the different subjects they study, and the practical application of key concepts. Students prepare models and charts and demonstrate experiments which showcase their knowledge and skills. In the lower classes, the school organizes a fun-fair where parents can bring their children to enjoy games, rides, and edible treats. It is a great family outing and lots of fun.What makes the annual fests special is that the best of the school is on display, the students and staff play host to our honored guests – the parents, and a festive environment of camaraderie and excitement pervades the hearts and minds of all present.
- Personal Awareness and Career Explorations (PACE): The PACE programme provides access to professional online portals so that students can explore their interests and aptitudes. Students acquire the competencies and awareness required to develop a road-map to their further education and future career.
- Enrichment Activities: Under the Global Schools Program, supported by UNESCO, our senior students engage in various community projects that bring to them the experience of civic responsibility, social awareness, understanding realities of different segments of society, value of empathy, compassion and generosity, as well as understanding the power of action. Students learn that they can make a difference, and that real change has to begin with them.
In keeping with the school’s belief that competitions and comparison are damaging to children at a young age, BCG introduces inter school competitions and examinations from the age of 11 years onwards. From class 5 onwards, students are offered a multitude of opportunities at the national and international level. With trained teachers to guide their preparations, our students excel in these and their achievements are our pride